Retro floppy-disk camera 3min mini mini movie – seashore

Cast

The Sea Slater journey and the tides were filmed out and about, on the fly, just for fun, with no tripod and just the little retro Sony Mavica floppy-disk camera. . . and 10’s and 10’s of 3.5 inch floppy-disks.

Some may know that the camera takes a max of 15 seconds of 320×240 px video. Once the button is pressed, that disc is committed. . . no matter if the critters run off or don’t move. A new disc has to be loaded before “take 2”. . . Also if the shot fails the disc has to be formatted before it can be used again and I recall several occasions of “take twenty something”. . . other words were used, but it was a great day on the beach.

I thought I’d pay a little homage to the mavica, by re-editing this little 3 min mini mini movie, with modern editing software. . . and have come up with this. . . embedded with its native maximum 320×240 pixel resolution.
It’s a little bit of seashore study, popped together with a simple, yet playful style. . . to be held on Sea Shore Antics FD (floppy-disk 320-240) Archive playlist. . . just for fun. . . and a tad of nostalgia. The last shot of rock pan to sea was not shot on the Mavica, I thought an ending was needed for the little movie, so used PAL footage reduced to match the 320 res’.

Nudge Nudge Info:
The video was filmed in a Floppy-Disk res of 320×240 (one of the first digi cams – awesome res) and has been re-edited for SeaShore Antics archives, set in an HD frame with a bit of surrounding gumf, as a stimulus for education or intrigue, to learn or start discussion about our seashore and it’s inhabitants.

Social Media:
Discuss and comments on facebook page and youtube channel:
* Facebook page Comments
* Youtube channel Comments
You can subscribe to SeaShore Antics. Your support would be great and you can get notifications on the future video releases. . . HD and Diving filmed perspectives coming up.
* Go SeaShoreAntics Youtube Channel. . and Subscribe

SeaShore Antics. . . It’s what they do!